I, Elder Beaudouin, am a loving father of six children. I am a caring, compassionate person willing to spend the rest of my life in the service of humanity. Every passing day I make a conscious effort toward self-improvement in order to assist others. I was convicted of a homicide and sentenced to twenty-five years to life. I live each day filled with sorrow and pain, wishing there was some way to undo the damge, wondering how to replace the loss and emptiness left behind for the family of the victim and my own.
Masters in Professional Studies (MPS)
New York Theological Seminary
Class of 1996
Bachelors of Science in Behavioral College
Legal Research & Law Library
• Clerk/Peer Educator
• Alcohol & Subtance Abuse Treatment (ASAT)
• Administrative Clerk
• Peer Educator of Transitional Services
• Manhattan Cable - Construction
• Housing Preservation & Development (Renovation)
• Corcraft Construction
• Group Leader - Network for Change
• Assistant Teacher - NYTS CMP
• Facilitator, Alternatives to Violence (AVP, 600 hours)
• Peer Educator - Innovative Therapeutic Program (ITP)
• The Osborne Association's Family Works
• Basic Parenting
• Breaking Barriers
• Know The Risk, HIV/AIDS, Peer Educator Certification by Southern Tier AIDS Program, Inc. - February 1997
• Literacy Volunteers of America
• Certification for Suicide Prevention Aide, 1987
• Comrade Helper
• Bilingual Adult Peer Counseling Certification
• Computer Literate / Typist
• Plumbing / Electrical Repairs
• Physical Fitness Instructor
Upon release, I plan to pursuit employment in construction and reestablish a renovation business. I will volunteer counseling in youth centers and HIV & AIDS centers, and will also be a caregiver in senior citizen's centers. I hope to reestablish and maintain better family ties.
In Closing ....
With my heart and soul I seek avenues to reach out to the family of the young man whose life was cut short, to express remorse and ask for forgiveness for not being able to take preventive actions toward his death. I will always search for ways to make amends, and will do my best to be prepared when the time comes. I believe I will be able to help the youth who may be heading in the wrong direction, through counseling and mentoring to make better choices with their lives. Given the opportunity, I will be successful and an asset to society.
Elder T. Beaudouin
Letter of Support